Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stomatitis I've Had A Cat With Stomatitis For Over A Year. How Often Does A Cat Have Flair Ups & What Treatment Is Used?

I've had a cat with Stomatitis for over a year. How often does a cat have flair ups & what treatment is used? - stomatitis

A year ago I took a sphinx very ill, she was almost dead skin and bones. All teeth rotted and had to be removed, and then I found that stomatitis. At first I had steroid shots every two weeks. Now you must just have a touch too (salivation lethargic, not eating) every 8 weeks or less. To someone else had any treatment for your cat, who has worked for them? She looks 100% better when I arrived, but these episodes are terrible for them.

2 comments:

Kayty said...

Stomatitis is a symptom (the "means inflammation of the mouth), is not a disease.

Steroids do not work for some time and have side effects.

I suggest that catch the cat to the vet for another second opinion. Ask for proof of the virus and feline calicivirus Bartonella. Both diseases cause symptoms that are listed and can be controlled if not curable with antibiotics.

In addition, the same gene that controls the formation of skin defects in cats sphinx also causes the formation of defective teeth is caused. If your teeth have been removed, it can help your overall health.

Thank you for helping with the experiment. Unfortunately, the cats, as they breed on the other side of efforts to use animals to have been seen not far from the exotic nature of the track.

RuneAmok said...

I have no experience with, but I dug a couple of sites that may help you.

If I were you, I find a holistic veterinarian. They may recommend a different course of treatment, the more natural and healthier for your kitten.

There are certain groups can join. You can find others whose cats have the same condition and can learn more about them and treatment.

Good luck!

Post a Comment